Professional Homemade Pellet Machine Manufacturer, ISO9001 Certificated
- Higher capacity and less wear parts costs
- Wide range of application suitability
- Stable running performance and easy operation
Homemade Pellet Machine - The Beginner's Guide
A homemade pellet machine is a great investment for processing products and wastes from your farm into biomass fuel pellets or livestock feed pellets. If you’re thinking of purchasing one for domestic use, this guide will take you through all you need to know in order to buy the right homemade pellet machine for your needs.
What Is A Homemade Pellet Machine?
A homemade pellet machine is a type of machine that is designed for small-scale production of pellets at home.
Due to the small-scale nature of homemade pellet production, homemade pellet machines have relatively low production capacity and low energy consumption to keep costs low.
What Is A Homemade Pellet Machine Used For?
Home pellet mills are mainly used to convert agricultural wastes such as rice husks, stalks, grasses, peanut husks, and straws into condensed cylindrical animal feed pellets.
Feed pellets are easier to store and transport, and result in less wastage during feeding. You can also use a home pellet machine to produce litter for livestock enclosures.
Homemade pellet meals are also used to convert wastes like sawdust, tree barks, tree branches, grasses, leaves, and even pieces of wood into pellets that can be used as fuel in a pellet stove. Pellets are easier to burn and produce less residue ash.
How Does A Homemade Pellet Machine Work?
The operating principles of a homemade pellet machine are quite simple. At the top of the homemade pellet press is a feeding hopper that allows you to add your raw material into your homemade pellet maker. The feeding hopper acts as a funnel to channel the raw material into the pelletizing area.
In the pelletizing chamber, the raw material is spread across a flat or ring die with multiple holes. Roller gears compress the raw material against the perforated die and push it through the perforations to form compressed, cylindrical pellets.
How Much Does A Homemade Pellet Machine Cost?
Due to their relatively small size and low production capacity, homemade pellet mill machines are very affordable. You can get a reliable homemade pellet press machine for anywhere between $200 and $2,000.
The cost will depend on the production capacity, as well as the type of homemade pellet machine you’re buying. For instance, a homemade feed pellet machine for producing livestock feed pellets will not cost the same as a homemade wood pellet maker.
The cost of a homemade pellet mill will also be influenced by whether the machine uses a flat die or a ring die. Flat die homemade pellet machines are typically more affordable.
How To Choose The Best Homemade Pellet Machine For Pellet Production?
Choosing a homemade pellet press machine boils down to your own specific needs and preferences. To help you choose the most suitable homemade pellet machine, here are some things you should look at:
Type Of Die
There are two types of dies used in homemade pellet press machines – flat dies and ring dies. Flat dies are the most commonly used in homemade pellet press machines due to their low capacity. Flat die homemade pellet machines are generally more affordable.
Ring dies are more common in higher capacity homemade pellet machines due to their enhanced energy efficiency, and are typically more expensive.
Raw Material Type
What type of material will you be pelletizing on a regular basis? If you’re buying a homemade pelletizing machine to process the byproducts of wood processing, you’ll be better off with a homemade wood pellet machine.
If you’re purchasing a press machine to process agricultural products into pellet feeds for your livestock and poultry, on the other hand, you should purchase a homemade feed pellet machine that is designed to process this kind of raw material.
Since you’re buying a homemade pellet machine for domestic purposes, you’ll definitely want to keep your operation costs minimal. When choosing the most suitable homemade pellet machine, therefore, you should look for one with low energy consumption.
Even if homemade pellet makers are meant for domestic use, output capacity is still an important consideration when choosing the best pellet mill for your needs.
For instance, if you only have a few goats, a small capacity homemade pellet press machine producing a modest 50 kilograms of pellets per hour will suffice, but it might not be enough for a bigger farm.
How To Buy An Affordable Homemade Pellet Machine?
Purchasing a homemade pellet machine is a big investment that can easily burn a hole in your pocket, so it’s a good idea to search for the most affordable deal.
Considering that most homemade pellet machines are manufactured in China, the best way to ensure you’re getting a good deal is to buy directly from these Chinese homemade pellet machine manufacturers. Chinese manufacturers are able to offer better prices due to lower labor costs in China, and better economies of scale.
If you search on listings websites, you might find some American-branded homemade pellet machines, but most of these are actually Chinese homemade pellet machines that have been imported into the US and rebranded as locally made homemade wood pellet press machines, with huge markups added to them.
To avoid paying these huge markups, you are better off finding a manufacturer in China and buying directly from them.
Before buying directly from a Chinese manufacturer, we recommend doing some background checks to ensure that the homemade pellet machine manufacturer you’re buying from has a solid reputation. There’s no use buying an affordable homemade pellet machine from some unknown manufacturer if you’re going to replace it within a year.
Operation costs also affect how much you’re going to spend on your homemade pellet machine in the long run. To keep costs low, go for a highly durable homemade pellet maker with easy to service, readily available parts and low energy consumption.
How To Use A Homemade Pellet Machine For Beginners?
Before using a homemade pellet machine, the first thing you need to do is to go through the instruction manual that comes with the machine and understand everything about how the machine works. Operating your homemade machine without reading the users’ manual can easily result in damage to the machine and the risk of injuries.
Next, ensure that the machine is properly set up as per the user’s manual, adjust the clearance distance between the roller and the die, and add lubrication to the motor and other moving parts.
The third step is getting your raw material ready for pelletizing. To do this, start by putting your raw material in a sieve to remove any impurities that could affect the quality of your pellets. Such impurities include shards of glass, metal and plastic pieces, sand, small stones, and so on.
After removing the impurities, use a wood chipper, hammer mill, or a similar machine to grind your raw material into a fine powder.
Depending on your homemade pellet machine, the size of the die holes could range anywhere between 2.5 mm and 7mm. Your raw material should be able to fit through the die holes on your machine.
The final step of getting your raw material ready is to put out the raw material to dry in the sun. If your raw material has a lot of water, your pellets might disintegrate even after compacting, so this is something you need to avoid. Aim for a moisture content of 12% to 20%.
Once your raw material is sufficiently dry, power up your homemade pellet maker, allow it to run for a few minutes, and then pour your raw material into the feeding hopper. Within a few minutes, your homemade pellet press mill will start ejecting ready pellets through the discharge port.
Allow the pellets to cool down for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, after which you can now feed them to your livestock in the case of animal feed pellets, or put them in bags for storage until you need to use them.
How To Maintain A Homemade Pellet Machine?
Homemade pellet machines are fairly easy to take care of, since they don’t have any complex maintenance requirements. To keep your homemade pellet machine in good working order, here are some things you should do:
- Inspect your homemade pellet machine and check for debris in the pelletizing area. Such debris affects the quality of your pellets, and can easily cause damage to the roller gears and die. If you notice any debris, clean the pelletizing chamber before starting the machine.
- Proper lubrication will extend the service life of the moving parts of your homemade pellet machine. When using the machine for extended periods, switch it off after every 8 hours and add some lubrication.
- After switching on your homemade pellet maker, let it run for a few minutes before you start pelletizing. This allows the machine to get to optimum operating temperature, which increases operating efficiency and slows down the rate of tear and wear.
- Always remember to take out the roller gears on your homemade pellet press mill after using the machine and thoroughly clean them.
- Whenever the homemade pellet machine is not in use, keep it covered with to prevent dust from accumulating in sensitive parts of the machine. Whenever your homemade pellet maker is expected to remain out of use for extended periods of time, apply anti-rust oil to protect it from corrosion.
- Give your homemade pellet machine a thorough inspection at least once a month and service or replace any part that looks faulty or damaged.
Taichang Home Pellet Mills Introduction
Are you shopping for a high quality pellet press machine that will allow you to produce your own homemade pellets?
If so, you should stop searching and purchase the Taichang homemade pellet machine, which is the best homemade pellet machine in the market.
Taichang’s extensive line of homemade pellet machines is designed using heavy duty materials that guarantee you durability, strength, and performance.
Capable of processing all kinds of raw material, and with multiple die hole sizes for different kinds of pellets, you’ll not find a better option for producing homemade pellets than Taichang’s line of homemade pellet machines.
Homemade Pellet Mill Parameters
Taichang Homemade Pellet Press Advantages
- Highly durable parts: The Taichang homemade pellet machine is made using highly durable parts that have undergone high-temperature quenching treatment, making the Taichang homemade pellet machine up to 20 times more wear-resistant compared to regular materials.
- Different die hole sizes: Choose between 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, and 7mm die holes depending on your needs. For instance, you can use a die with smaller holes when processing animal feed pellets, and switch to a die with larger holes when processing biomass fuel pellets.
- Highly versatile: This machine can be used for a wide range of purposes, including processing wood fuel pellets, processing animal feed pellets, making fertilizer pellets, making litter pellets, and so on. This machine is also capable of handling a wide range of materials, including wood, sawdust, wheat, tree branches, peanut shells, rice husks, and so on.
- Easy to refuel: simple to use, GL-5 heavy-duty gear oil must be filled before use.
- High-strength transmission: The Taichang homemade pellet maker comes with a heavy duty transmission that gives you longer service life while improving power delivery and performance.
- Copper wire motor: The 100% copper wire motor on the Taichang homemade pellet machine makes this machine more silent and stable during operation, produces more horsepower, and guarantees you long service life.
- Unique differential assembly: For better gear combinations, improved power output and enhanced stability, the Taichang homemade pellet machine uses the same differential assembly design as an automobile rear axle differential.
- Multiple output capacities: Choose between small Taichang homemade pellet machines with low output capacities, which are suitable for very small homes and farms, or larger homemade pellet machines with higher output capacities that can be used in larger farms.
- Nylon sliding casters: The Taichang homemade pellet machine is designed to be highly portable, with nylon sliding casters that are built to be durable and wear-resistant.