Animal Feed Pellets, How to Make It?
Willing to get into the animal feed pellets making business? Well, this is indeed a really profitable idea for you. Preparing animal feed pellets can come with a lot of advantages. Not only is it energy efficient but it also serves multiple purposes.
Also, the entire process of making pellets from the desired raw material is quite an easy one. So, you will no longer have to invest a lot of effort in preparing good quality pellets. Here we are with a quick guideline on how exactly you can make pellets from the best quality animal feed pellet making machine.
Journey through the History of Animal Feed Pellets
Animal feed pellets were first produced during the early 20th century. The first pellet mill was invented by Nelson G. Kraschel and Dr. W.K. Purdy. Since then, there has been a rapid development in the animal feed pellet technology.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, animal feed pellets started to be produced on a commercial level. Today, they are being used globally for multiple purposes.
There are multiple benefits of animal feed pellets. Let us have a look at what these benefits are:
- Improved nutrition: Animal feed pellets are used for multiple purposes because of which they are so popular. They form an important part of the cattle and livestock industry. They provide the cattle with the desired amount of nutrition. The amount of nutrition can be adjusted depending on the health needs of the cattle. Animal feed pellets can also be used as animal bedding.
- Reduced waste generation: One of the significant advantages of producing animal feed pellets is reduced waste generation. Feed pellets are mostly made from agricultural waste which allows for better waste management. Also, animals do not get the opportunity of selective feeding which further leads to reduced waste generation.
- Improved digestibility: As the pellets are exposed to high temperature and pressure, they have improved digestibility. The cattle will have no problem at all in digesting the pellets. This is going to improve their health conditions. They are also going to lead a long and healthy life.
- Increased convenience: Now here is yet another reason why animal feed pellets are so much in use. The animal feed pellets provide you with improved convenience. You will easily be able to store the pellets for a considerable amount of time. The pellets can easily be transported from one location to another without the slightest hindrance. These pellets also come with an extraordinary shelf life.
- Easy customization: The animal feed pellets can be customized as per your exact requirements. So, this is yet another reason why the animal feed pellet industry is so much in demand. They are a part of multiple industries. Nowadays, a lot of people are effectively using these feed pellets for their business growth and prosperity.
Exploring TCPEL Commercial Feed Pellet Mill Features
The TCPEL commercial feed pellet mill is undoubtedly one of the best feed pellet machines available to us. It is known for its extraordinary quality and its efficiency. The pellet making machine is appropriate for medium, small, and large scale businesses.
The design is also easily scalable and can meet your growing feed pellet demands. The feed pellet making machines are also suitable for different industries because of its versatile approach. It also helps you to save a considerable amount of time and energy.
With the TCPEL feed pellet machine, you will be able to produce large quantities of pellets without having to spend a lot of money on the same machine. The machine has an extremely powerful motor because of which you can produce large quantities of pellets really fast.
Also, different kinds of raw materials can be fed to the pellets. There are dies available in multiple diameters. So, you will have complete control over the size of pellets that you are willing to manufacture.
Some of the major features of the pellet making machine that you should consider:
- Multiple power ratings: The TCPEL commercial feed pellet mill is available in different power ratings. The smallest model has a 3 Kilowatt power rating while the largest model has a power rating of 15 kilowatt. This makes the device highly energy efficient for industrial use. You can choose your power option depending on your exact needs and responsibilities. The high power also makes it easier for you to run the device efficiently.
- Easy to operate: The TCPEL feed pellet making machine is extremely easy to operate. The workers will no longer have to undergo enhanced training before they can use the pellet making machine for producing pellets. The device also comes with multiple safety features installed. This again makes it easy for you to run the machine without having to compromise on the safety of the workers who are using the machine.
- Minimum maintenance: The device requires minimal maintenance. You will no longer have to spend a considerable amount of money on maintenance each year. Every single component of the device is easy to take care of. The pellet making machine also comes with an independent lubrication system. In that way, all the parts will be automatically lubricated at frequent intervals, thereby leading to an increased efficiency.
- Versatile applications: The pellet making machine is suitable for versatile applications. Irrespective of what your needs are, you will be able to use the feed pellet machine to produce feed pellets. It also works with a diverse range of raw materials. So, whatever might be your raw material needs, you can easily make use of the device to get the desired outcome.
- Multiple apertures: There are multiple different apertures available. So, you can easily choose the right kind of aperture that meets your needs. You will also be able to change the aperture of the device as per your exact needs. This is again going to turn out to be a really beneficial idea for you.
- High durability: The grinding disc and the pressure roller of the device is made up of chromium manganese. This makes the device extremely durable. It is also highly temperature resistant. Because of the high quality of material used for making the pellet making machine, the device does not suffer from frequent wear and tear.
Making Animal Feed Pellets: A Practical Guide
The pelletizing process involves feeding the raw materials to the pellet machine so that the pellets of the desired size can be produced. Before the raw materials are fed to the pellet machine, they are prepared.
The raw materials are crushed and grinded to the desired size so that they become ideal for the pelletizing process. The excess moisture is removed out of the raw material so that high quality pellets can be produced. The raw materials are also screened to remove unnecessary dust and dirt.
After the raw materials are fed to the pellet making machine, the actual pelletizing process begins. Here the raw materials are exposed to high temperature and pressure so that the pellets of desired size are produced.
A good quality pellet making machine can also offer customization options so that pellets of different sizes can be produced. The freshly produced pellets are hot and soft. So, they need to be cooled down so that they become relatively hard and ideal for use for commercial purposes.
The pellets produced are stored carefully in dry and cold places. They are then transformed to the desired location when the need arises.
Quality Control: Ensuring Top-Tier Animal Feed Pellets
Ensuring that the animal feed pellets are of top-notch quality is also a part of the pelletizing process. Here’s how the animal feed pellets are tested for quality:
- Use good quality raw materials: The first step of quality control would be to use good quality raw materials for pellet production. Until and unless the raw materials used are of excellent quality, you will not be able to produce the best quality pellets. So, do your research well and choose the appropriate raw material for your pellet production.
- Prepare the raw materials: Now the next thing to do would be to prepare the raw material. Cut and grind the raw material into the desired size before feeding it to the pellet machine. As long as the raw materials are not properly prepared before the pelletizing process, the quality of the pellets will be harmed. You can determine the size of the raw material on the basis of the intended use of the pellets.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness: During the entire pelletizing process, you need to be really careful about hygiene and sanitation. Make sure that a clean production environment is maintained. This can save you from contamination. The place should also remain free from any kind of pest infestation.
- Conduct rigorous quality control testing: At various stages of the pellet production process, rigorous quality control testing needs to be done. This ensures that the pellets produced are of top most quality. Any gap can be identified and mitigation can be done before the pellets are actually produced on a commercial scale.
- Pack and store the pellets properly: Proper storage and packing is also necessary. If the pellets are not stored in the best possible way, it may also lead to large scale pellet spoilage. This will cause you to lose a considerable amount of money.
Tips and Tricks for Effective Feed Pellet Storage
Here are a few tips and tricks for effective feed pellet storage:
- Choose the right storing material: It is really important for you to pick the right container for storing your animal feed pellets. Make sure that the containers are airtight and made up of good quality food grade material. The containers should also be cleaned properly before you actually use them to start storing the pellets
- The storage area should be dry: Make sure that the storage area that you are choosing for storing your pellet is sufficiently dry. You should also check the moisture content beforehand, as the presence of moisture can interfere with the quality of the pellets.
- Control the temperature: You will also have to keep the temperature of the storage area under control. Try to store the pellets in a cool dry place having a stable temperature. Try to avoid temperature fluctuations as it can lead to the spoilage of the pellets. Also, avoid exposing the pellets to direct sunlight.
- Conduct effective pest control: Make sure that you keep the storage area free from all kinds of pest infestations. Pest attacks can cause irreparable damage to the pellets. So, this is not something you would want to happen. Instead, make sure that the products are kept away from the pests.
- Clean the storage area regularly: You should set up a proper cleaning schedule for your storage area. This is again going to have a direct impact on improving the shelf life of your pellets. You can also hire professionals to get the storage area cleaned regularly.
- Conduct regular inspection: You should hire certain employees to regularly expect the storage area. This is again going to reduce chances of any kind of unforeseen situations. It also helps in proper management of resources and you will also be able to acquire maximum outcome from your business.
- Avoid mixing the pellets: Now here is the next thing that needs to be done. Try to avoid mixing new and old batches of feed pellets. This can lead to an uneven quality. The older materials may also get spoiled with time which is not good for your business.
- Make sure that the pellets are stored safely: Take the necessary safety measures to ensure that the pellets are stored properly. Keep the pellets away from flammable materials. Also, follow all the safety measures to avoid chances of fire and accidents.
So, if you want to get into the animal feed pellet business, then it is high time that you get in touch with TCPEL and opt for their services. We assure you that you are going to be really happy with the decision that you have made for yourself. You will also be able to produce high quality pellets at a reduced price.
Talk to An Expert
Talk to An Expert